When you’re doing some serious road tripping with overnights spent at campgrounds along the way, the last thing you want to do at the end of a long say of driving is to pull out a recipe for a Pintrest-inspired, gourmet meal.
You need quick and easy comfort food that will fill even the pickiest of hungry bellies.
Below are nine super easy, non-Pintrest worthy dinner options to make your road trip as crazy-free as possible. Each meal can be rounded out with raw veggies for munching (we like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) and fruit (like grapes, apple slices or watermelon).
And to make life even simpler , each meal can be made on a propane stove with just one pot and one serving spoon. You’ll also need a can opener and enough plates and cutlery for your family.
1. Kraft Dinner: you’ll need a bit of butter and milk to mix in. If you don’t have either on hand, use a bit of the cooking water to make the cheese sauce.
2. Hot Dogs: boil on your propane stove or roast over an open fire.
3. Lou’s Pulled Pork on dinner rolls: Lou’s makes several kinds of pre-cooked meats that can be heated up by boiling inside the bag they’re packaged in. All you need is a pot of boiling water on your propane stove. You’ll also need some forks to pull the pork.
4. Chicken Wraps: Pack pre-cooked chicken breast slices, tortillas, cheese and whatever other toppings your family enjoys.
5. Chicken Noodle Soup with fresh bread: Canned soup, bread and butter.
6. Build Your Own Sandwiches: Pack bakery rolls, deli meats and cheese.
7. Pasta with Tomato Sauce: Cook your pasta first, and then heat up a can of tomato sauce in the can on your propane stove.
8. Tomato Soup with Cheese and Crackers
9. Lou’s Roast Beef Au Jus on hamburger buns: Heat the roast beef by boiling it in the bag on hour stove. Follow the package directions. When the beef is heated, remove the bag, dump the water and then open the bag into your now-empty pot for fewer dishes to clean up later.
There you have it! Nine camping meals that will NEVER make it to Pinterest, but that will feed your family and give you enough time to actually enjoy that campfire at the end of the evening!