I can not believe that this year has passed so quickly! 2015, the year of the hoverboard (according to my son and of course Back To The Future), is on the horizon. This little tiny blog has seen some amazing growth, and I’m looking forward to continuing that this coming year.
Here are my favourites:
1. Dear Elf on the Shelf – The Elf can be so divisive! There are so many people who feel very strongly about him on both sides. This is my take.
2. Things I’ve Learned As A Pre-Adoptive Mother – This one is an update on our journey towards adoption. They say that the waiting is the hardest part, and I do believe they’re right!
3. About A Girl – I wrote this one about my best friend in elementary school. One day she left, and I never saw her again. This is her story.
4. #CanadaStrong – In 2014, Canada was attacked on Parliament Hill. This is my response.
5. A Letter To My Sons: This Is A Man – With all of the examples of fathers and husbands walking away from their families, I want to make sure that my sons know that I expect much, much more from them.
6. Playing Hookey and the Art of Self-Preservation – Sometimes you need to cut back to take care of yourself and your family. This year has been one of those years.
7. Gimme A Break – Mothers shouldn’t need breaks? Are there actually people who believe that?
8. The Utopia of Cheerios – My response to the racist outcry against a Cheerios commercial. Seriously people, this is 2014!
9. Raisin Toast And Tea – This one is my commitment to my future grandchildren to play a big role in their lives.
10. Tunnels That Go Nowhere – Reflections at the playground.
These are my favourite posts, but I also ran a popular series called The Best Mom Ever! I had the opportunity to showcase some amazing moms, from so many different walks of life. Take a look!
Do you have a blog? List your favourite post in the comments.
I’d love to check it out!