You know, travelling around town with 5 toddlers and a baby on your back always draws alot of attention. Most people assume that the children all belong to one family, and that you are the parent of this tiny hoard of children. And with most of the kidlets calling you some version of “Mama”, it’s easy to see how they could be mistaken.
Sometimes it’s easy enough to politely correct the well-intentioned curious stranger, but other times, it’s so much fun to play along!
These are all questions that I’ve been asked at one time or another.
1. Wow, are they ALL yours?
Right now, they are!
2. He has your eyes!
Thank you, but I’m not sure how he got them.
3. Looks like her father is Italian/Asian/Some other ethnicity that you don’t look like.
I’m not sure, I’ve never really met her father. I mean, I’ve seen him once or twice, but that’s it.
4. How do you take care of so many little ones all day?
Lots of coffee, chocolate, and non-negotiable naptimes.
5. They must keep you on your toes!
Yep, they keep me out of trouble.
6. How old is he?
17 months. No wait, 18 months. Nope — 20 months. Yes, 20 months. I think.
7. I hope your husband helps you with all of these children.
Oh no, not at all. It’s not his job, after all.
8. Aren’t you missing one of your daughters? Where is she?
Hmm, I’m not sure what she’s up to today, actually.
9. What adorable children, you must be so proud!
Thank you, yes, I am. I take all the credit.
10. I could never do what you do all day!
I could never do what YOU do all day!
Are you a home daycare provider? What crazy questions have you been asked while out with your daycare kiddos?